Star Safety and Compliance is a division of Star Employee Leasing, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Star Truck Rentals, Inc.
Star Safety and Compliance is well equipped to handle all of your safety and compliance needs. Star can help you eliminate regulatory red tape whether you lease, rent, or own commercial vehicles.
Star Safety and Compliance can assist you with the following:
- Star Substance Abuse/Alcohol Consortium: All drivers that possess a Commercial Driver’s License are mandated by the Department of Transportation to be members of a drug/alcohol consortium. Star’s consortium eliminates the problems of monitoring the required number of drivers who are being tested according to D.O.T. regulations. You are responsible for making sure that your drivers go to the certified collection site when the paperwork is received by your company representative. Star also offers supervisor training for substance abuse and alcohol awareness that is also required by D.O.T.
- D.O.T. Driver File Audits: Star can audit the driver qualification files that are required for any commercial driver that drives a commercial motor vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 10,000 lbs or more. We make sure that everything is up-to-date in the file(s) so if the Motor Carrier Division of the Michigan State Police or the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) choose to audit your company, you can be sure that all applicable forms are in your files.
- Driver Logbook Auditing: Star can eliminate the hassle of auditing your driver logs. Managing your driver’s hours will no longer be a concern for you. You are required to send them to us and we will take care of the rest. If there are problems, we will notify you and then proceed to help you or your driver correct the errors.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Training and Testing: Star is a certified third party tester for the State of Michigan. The Star Professional Driving School is also available to train potential commercial drivers.
- Training – Drivers and Supervisors: For those opportunities where training is needed for either drivers or supervisors, Star Safety and Compliance is well-equipped in the area of presentation. Star can put together a specialized presentation for your company, whatever the necessary topic is.
- Customized Safety Program: For those companies that do not already have a written drug and alcohol policy – Star can assist you in obtaining one. The problems associated with a driver testing “positive” will no longer occur when a written policy is in place. Star can customize the program to fit your needs.
- D.O.T. Road Testing: For companies that are looking to hire a potential driver and want to make sure that they are a safe and defensive driver, the Star Professional Driving School can assure that the driver is well-equipped for the position. Our examiner will check their skills on pre-trip inspection and driving to make sure that they are a professional, defensive driver.
- Accident Investigation: When there is an accident, Star can assist you in both getting your vehicle back on the road and helping find a collection site for a post accident drug / alcohol test, if needed.
Many customers look to Star Safety and Compliance for guidance in driver qualification, compliance, and training. We know that we can get your company to where you need to be, so please call Star Safety and Compliance at 1-800-748-0481 for assistance and/or pricing. You can also contact our Safety Services department here.
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
Michigan Trucking Association
Apply for a US DOT number
Find your US DOT number
Check your Compliance, Safety and Accountability (CSA) Score
Unified Carrier Registration Information
Check your Unified Carrier Registration Payment
Go to Unified Carrier Registration under FMCSA searches and then enter the US DOT number
CDL Training and Testing Links
Who needs a Commercial Driver’s License in Michigan
Additional information on CDL’s in Michigan
Commercial Driver’s License Training Manual